The East Wichel Restricted Parking Zone came into operation on 2 October 2016.
Within the Zone parking is now prohibited at all times except in the marked bays. The Zone boundary is clearly indicated to motorists entering the area and there are reminder signs throughout the Zone. Bays where parking is permitted are marked by signs and bay markings on the road.
Enforcement of the Restricted Parking Zone will be carried out by Swindon Borough Council Civil Enforcement Officers (not by the Police). Enforcement will begin in phases as follows:
- 2 October – Zone comes into operation
- 2 week period to 16 October to publicise the scheme to local residents and visitors (no Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs) to be issued)
- 2 week period 17 October to 30 October – issue warning notices to offenders (no PCNs to be issued)
- 2 week period of enforcement by PCN on the main roads in the area 31 October to 13 November 2016
- Full enforcement by PCN throughout the area from 14 November 2016
The Zone does not include private parking bays allocated to individual properties.
If residents have carers visiting them on a regular basis, then they should contact parking services to see if dispensation would be possible. However, they can load and unload at the property if required and then find a parking space if that would suit them more.
Please click on the links below to view a plan of the area and to see Frequently Asked Questions about the Restricted Parking Zone: